Today let’s talk about how to build a freelance portfolio with no hassle of feeling overwhelmed.
Did you know that a lot of freelancers give up at this stage because they just say ‘’well, I have no experience to showcase, nobody would hire me, so it is best I stick to my 9-5 job’’? But why don’t you start with what you already have? Because if you do not try and build it up, even in 3-4 years you will have nothing to add if that is your perspective.
In this episode, you will…
- Understand why your freelance portfolio matters
- Know how to build your online portfolio
- Get tips and tricks on how you can also use LinkedIn as a portfolio destination
- know what the structure of a portfolio is
- ‘’When a client checks out your portfolio, you are giving them a sample of how is it to work with you, what results can they expect in the near future.’’
- ‘’ It is vital you understand why you need one. First, a portfolio is designed to display in practice all the skills you excel at and where your CV would not do it justice.’’
- Choose quality over quantity.
- Use clear descriptions, who was the client, what was the outcome.
- Make sure you are checking it on how it looks on mobile devices as well (as most of the traffic comes from these sources).
- Make your Call to Action (CTA) one click away.
Your Portfolio’s Structure:
- About You- say something about yourself, about your approach to what you do
- Your Vision- what you value
- Your Mission- what is your goal
- Your Background- how your background is important in what you do at the moment
- Certifications- anything to display that will give a boost of trust to your customer
- Your Services- list all the services you are offering
- Reviews from Clients- if anyone reviewed your service, make sure you drop it down
- Call to Action (CTA)- ‘‘let’s Work Together’’, ‘‘Contact Me’’
BONUS: Get your FREEBIE: https://www.jumpinpodcast.com/
Other ways to listen: https://www.jumpinpodcast.com/
Send me a voice message: https://anchor.fm/jumpinpodcast/message
Contact Me: email@example.com
Connect with Me:
Until next time,