Freelancing is a one-man job, you must find new opportunities, you create invoices, you update your portfolio, you do your social media, and you communicate with clients: to sell, to upsell, negotiate and the list can go on.
Within a short time, you can feel overwhelmed and overworked. Just because you are working from home does not mean you have to be in front of your computer 24/7. And I know, I have been there and done that. In this episode, I am sharing how I went into a burnout in my first years of freelancing and if it was difficult to bounce back.
In this episode, you will...
- learn about the symptoms of burnout
- understand what the freelance burnout causes are
- get actionable tips on how freelancers can prevent burnout
- ''Did you know that 70% of freelancers work on 2 to 4 projects at the same time? There is nothing wrong with taking on more than a project at a given time, however, how do you prioritize not getting burnout? Oh, I bet you even did not think about it. A lot of freelancers can admit that freelance work takes a toll on their mental and physical health.''
- ''Remember those 10-11 hours of work per day, or do you remember the last time you had a vacation or those breaks you underestimated? All those things that looked unimportant are catching up on you. ''
- ''As a freelancer, I want you to understand that there is a difference between being dedicated and being prone to burnout. Work burnout is preventable, people recover, however, prioritize your physical and mental health before any financial gain.''
- Reduce the hours spent in front of your computer
- Set ''office hours'' for yourself and follow your schedule
- Start journaling: write down all the things you are stressed and anxious about, and things you are grateful for
- Seek professional help
- Find someone to hold you accountable to take time off: a vacation, a break during the day, the weekend off, etc.
- Stick to a structured and planned workflow and remember to set boundaries
- Consider joining a coworking space, there you will find other freelancers that will understand what you are going through
- Reduce your workload and learn to say ''no'' to future work
- Sleep is NOT overrated!
Website and Freebies: https://www.jumpinpodcast.com/
Contact Me: email@example.com
Connect with Me:
Until next time,