We all know that it is becoming more and more difficult to get projects from one day to another due to the competitive market we are in. There are millions of freelancers on platforms such as Upwork, Fiverr, People Per Hour, you name it.
According to Upwork, by 2027 freelancers are projected to make up most of the workforce in the US, with 50.9% of the working population.
As more people choose to become contractors, self-employed, it is more important than ever to learn how you can stand out from the crowd as a freelancer.
In this episode, you will...
- learn about the ways you can improve when sending a job proposal to a prospect
- understand what are hiring managers seeking in a freelancer
- get actionable tips on how you can stand out as a freelancer in today’s gig economy
- ''It is vital to start gathering feedback from your past clients. It will help you look trustworthy and an expert in the eye of your prospects. You will build trust before you even have a call with your future client, and you will prove you can deliver on your promises.''
- ''Freelancing s 50% skills and 50% communication. A client will be OK on going ahead with a freelancer that does not have all the required skills as long he has great communication skills and replies to all messages within 24 hours.''
- ''In a nutshell, you have to understand that prospects care about the type of work you’ve done for others, what people say about you online, and what results they can expect from you.''
- Dedicate yourself to stellar customer service
- Learn to ask for client feedback
- Always add projects to your portfolio
- Niche down your service. Be known for one thing, do not be a Jack of all trades and master of none
- Teach your client how is it to work with you (and give examples)
- There are another four important tips that worked for me- listen to this episode to write all down
Website and Freebies: https://www.jumpinpodcast.com/
Contact Me: email@example.com
Connect with Me:
Until next time,